1. Get all your pencil cases from previous years, take out the stationery and make a rainbow.
2. Take the aforementioned stationery and very anal-retentively organise it in a drawer.
It goes left to right, top row then bottom: pencils, whiteout, textas, markers, windups, crayons, ball point pens, gel pens, tape, glue, sharpeners, hole punchers, staplers, fineliners, erasers, coloured pens.
3. Find a pencil case with a shape you like and refurbish it with scraps your mother left over from fixing a dress.
This is the blue brick pencil case I used this year covered in black and white flower patterned fabric. I did the bottom in a shiny black fabric.
4. Organise your books by colour in the middle of the night because you can't sleep.
5. Make your little sister do silly poses and take pictures of it.